Updating Fall Courses
UPDATING YOUR COURSEWORK
After you initially submit your PharmCAS application, you may need to update your college course history to reflect newly completed or planned / in-progress courses. After your application has been mailed to your designated pharmacy schools, you can update your courses on-line during the PharmCAS “Academic Update” window. The Academic Update window will open on December 13, 2013, following the completion of the fall 2013 term, and close on February 14, 2014. Arrange for your official summer 2013 and fall 2013 transcripts to be sent directly to PharmCAS AS SOON AS THEY ARE AVAILABLE. If you do not submit your updated courses and transcripts in a timely manner, your selected pharmacy schools may no longer consider you for admission.
You cannot make edits to your coursework section, whether completed or planned / in-progress, until the Academic Update window is open AND your initial application has been mailed to your designated pharmacy schools. PharmCAS will contact you by email when the Academic Update is available to you. It is your responsibility to add any new courses completed since you first submitted your application to PharmCAS and to edit your in-progress and planned courses. PharmCAS will NOT update your coursework for you. You can only update your coursework ONCE during the Academic Update!
Courses that were originally reported as completed cannot be modified. Therefore, if you have received partial grades for a given session, do not add these courses to the completed courses section until ALL grades are received. You can NOT add prior year coursework on to the academic update.
HOW TO COMPLETE THE ACADEMIC UPDATE
PharmCAS will not verify or report your updated course history to your designated pharmacy schools until you complete all of the steps below.
- Switch your newly completed courses for summer and fall 2013 terms to complete and enter in your grades.
- Update your planned courses through May 2014.
- Click on the e-Submit button at the bottom of the main PharmCAS application page to send your updated courses to PharmCAS.
- Arrange for your updated official transcripts to be sent directly from any colleges you attended in the summer and fall, if not previously submitted.
Once these criteria are met, PharmCAS will verify your updated course information against your updated transcripts and calculate a new set of GPAs. PharmCAS will verify your updated course history against your revised transcripts and send your updated course history and revised GPAs to your designated pharmacy schools
REPORTING GRADE CHANGES
If a grade changes on your transcript due to a correction at the registrar’s office, please follow these steps. (These instructions do NOT refer to newly completed summer or fall 2013 grades):
1. Notify PharmCAS of the grade change via email. Include the following information in your message:
- Your full name
- PharmCAS ID number
- Name of institution issuing the grade change on transcript
- Course title
- Course prefix and number
- Session year and term for course (e.g., fall 2008)
- Original grade on transcript
- Revised/corrected grade on transcript
2. Login to your PharmCAS application.
- Print a new PharmCAS Transcript Request Form for the institution issuing the grade change on the transcript
- On the form, circle YES next to “Grade Change”
3. Submit the transcript request form to the registrar to arrange for a revised copy of your transcript to be sent to PharmCAS as soon as possible.
4. Once received, PharmCAS will make the change to your course grade and GPA, and submit an updated application file to your designated schools.