Before You Apply Your Application School Information
Calendar FAQs AACP Privacy Contact Home
Your Application
What is PharmCAS
ApplyOnce - Applying Just Got Easier

Application Instructions
Important Forms to Print!
Letters of Reference
Before You E-submit
Early Decision
Supplemental Applications
Updating Courses
Technical Requirements
Applicant Responsibilities
Applicant Code of Conduct

"Step-by-Step" Checklist
The Directory - Where to Apply
Your Application
ApplyOnce - Applying Just Got Easier Transcripts


Arrange for PharmCAS to receive a separate official transcript from every regionally accredited U.S. college and university you attended. PharmCAS will not verify or forward your application until all official transcripts and other required materials are received. Carefully read the transcript instructions for the following types of institutions:

  1. US
  2. Study Abroad
  3. International
  4. US overseas institutions


You must submit the PharmCAS Transcript Request Form to every regionally accredited U.S. institution you have attended. This form will help PharmCAS properly match your official transcripts to your PharmCAS application. If your current name differs from the name listed on your transcript, you MUST include both your current and former name on the Transcript Request Form.

How to Obtain the Transcript Request Form

  • Login to your PharmCAS application and select the Colleges Attended link.

  • Click the print button () to download and print a customized PDF Transcript Request form for every college and university you attended. You will need the Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the File (Adobe Acrobat Reader).

  • Complete each Transcript Request form and mail to the institutions you attended. EACH PHARMCAS TRANSCRIPT REQUEST FORM IS UNIQUE.  Your name, PharmCAS ID number, and the name of the college/university attended will automatically appear on the barcoded form.  Verify you are sending the right form to your college or university.

  • Advise the Registrar’s Office to enclose the PharmCAS Transcript Request Form with your official sealed transcript and mail it directly to PharmCAS. If the form is not included with your transcript, PharmCAS may have difficulty matching your transcript to your application and your application may be delayed in processing.

PO Box 9109
Watertown, MA 02471-4403


Arrange for a sealed official transcript to be sent directly to PharmCAS from every regionally and ATS accredited US institution you have attended. The following rules apply:

  • PharmCAS will not accept student-issued transcripts or transcripts sent by an applicant
  • Transfer credit(s) appearing on a transcript cannot be accepted in lieu of an original transcript from the institution where the course work was taken. Send transcripts for all regionally accredited postsecondary institutions you have attended regardless of whether course credit transferred to another college or university and appears on that transcript.
  • Arrange for PharmCAS to RECEIVE all of your regionally accredited official transcripts by the application deadline date set by your designated pharmacy schools. A pharmacy school may not consider your application for admission if PharmCAS receives your transcripts late. PharmCAS does NOT enforce transcript deadlines and will forward your verified application to your designated schools even if your transcripts arrive late.
  • Use a student issued OFFICIAL transcript to properly complete the “Coursework” section of your application. Do NOT use your course record/schedule or memory to complete the Coursework section.  WARNING: Your online course record, course schedule, and college catalog may differ from your transcript. If there are discrepancies between your application and official transcript, your application will be undelivered and processing will be delayed.
  • Login to your application to check the status of your transcripts.  It is your responsibility to verify that PharmCAS received all of your official transcripts.

Return to top


PharmCAS only accepts official transcripts from U.S. institutions recognized by one or more of the following accreditation agencies:

• Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges (MSA)
• New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
• North Central Association of Schools and Colleges (NCA)
• Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges (NWCCU)
• Southern Association of Schools and Colleges (SACS)
• Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
• Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
• Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS)

If you attended an institution that is not recognized by one of these agencies, do NOT list the institution on your PharmCAS application and do NOT submit its transcript to PharmCAS. Contact your designated pharmacy schools directly to determine if you must arrange for transcripts from non-regionally accredited institutions to be sent directly to the pharmacy school.


Arrange for all of your official transcripts to be sent to PharmCAS as soon as you have completed your summer 2013 coursework and your summer term grades are available. PharmCAS does not accept unofficial or incomplete transcripts. List all of your summer courses on your PharmCAS application. PharmCAS will begin to send verified application files to pharmacy schools in August 2013.


If your fall term grades will not be available until after you apply, you must arrange for your official fall 2013 transcripts to be sent directly to PharmCAS as soon as they are available. You must update your courses on-line during the PharmCAS “Academic Update” window. The Academic Update window will open on December 13, 2013, following the completion of the fall 2013 term, and close on February 14, 2014. It is your responsibility to submit your fall transcripts, add any new courses completed since you first submitted your application to PharmCAS, and to edit your in-progress and planned courses. See “Updating Your Coursework” section.


Arrange for your winter, spring, and summer term 2014 transcripts to be sent directly to your designated pharmacy institutions, as required. Do not send to PharmCAS.


Do NOT list any military courses completed or credits received. Forward ALL transcripts that contain military credits or are official military transcripts to your designated pharmacy schools. College and schools policies vary. Please contact the institutions directly if you have any questions. Please note, this does not apply to accredited military colleges or universities, which MUST be listed on the application and from which transcripts are required. Examples of accredited military institutions include Community College of the Air Force and West Point.


PharmCAS does not waive transcript requirements due to an applicant's financial obligations to a college or university. Applicants who are unable to obtain an official transcript from a college or university due to extenuating circumstances must submit a signed letter of explanation on official letterhead from the appropriate institution or state department of education. PharmCAS will evaluate transcript waiver requests on a case-by-case basis.


If you are offered and accept an offer of admission to a pharmacy degree program, you may be required to submit a second set of official transcripts from every college/university you have attended directly to the pharmacy school prior to matriculation. PharmCAS cannot forward transcripts to a school of pharmacy to fulfill this institutional requirement.


If you participated in a “Study (Education) Abroad” program under the auspices of a US institution and the international course work appears on the U.S. transcript as regular itemized credit, only list the US institution on your PharmCAS application. Do NOT list the international (foreign) institution. Arrange for only the US transcript to be sent to PharmCAS. PharmCAS will process study-abroad course work in the same manner as US coursework.

Return to top


PharmCAS recognizes “overseas US institutions” that are:

  1. Located outside US borders,
  2. Accredited by a regional institutional accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education, and
  3. Use English as the primary language of instruction and documentation.
If you attended an overseas US institution listed below, report it to PharmCAS in the same manner as your US institutions by sending an official transcript to PharmCAS and listing all coursework on your PharmCAS application. US institutions with campuses overseas (such as the University of Maryland at Munich) are also considered US colleges for which transcripts are required and all course work must be listed. Please note that this list of overseas institutions is not all-inclusive. Contact PharmCAS if you have questions.

• American College in Jerusalem (closed in 1976)
• American College in Switzerland
• American College of Thessaloniki
• American University in Beirut
• American University in Bulgaria
• American University in Cairo
• American University of Paris
• American University of Rome
• Franklin College Switzerland
• Richmond American University of London
• Huron University in London
• John Cabot University in Rome
• Mc Daniel College in Budapest


You MUST enter all international institutions you have attended on your PharmCAS application. Do NOT list foreign courses on your PharmCAS application (unless Study Abroad) and do NOT send your original foreign transcript to PharmCAS. ALL Canadian colleges and universities are considered foreign institutions.

Each pharmacy school has selected one of the following policies for submission of non-US coursework.
  1. Send a foreign transcript evaluation report to PharmCAS*, or
  2. Send an original foreign transcript directly to the school, or
  3. Do not send any foreign transcript documentation. School only considers U.S. credentials. If you have completed your course prerequisites at a foreign institution, you may be ineligible for admission to these particular pharmacy programs.

* If a foreign transcript evaluation report is required by your designated pharmacy school, send your non-US transcripts to one of the transcript evaluation services listed below for a course-by-course report. Arrange for the report to be sent from the evaluation service to PharmCAS. PharmCAS will forward the report to your selected schools. Your selected pharmacy programs may specify which foreign transcript evaluations service you must use. PharmCAS will not verify that you have used the correct service for a particular pharmacy degree program.

Return to top


World Education Services, Inc
Bowling Green Station
P.O. Box 5087
New York, NY 10274-5087
(212) 966-6311

Josef Silny & Associates, Inc.
International Education Consultants
7101 SW 102 Avenue
Miami, FL 33173
Ph: (305) 273–1616
Fax: (305) 273–1338
Translation Fax: (305) 273–1984

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203-3470
(414) 289-3400

International Education Research Foundation, Inc
P.O. Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231-3665
(310) 258-9451

American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO)
Foreign Education Credential Services
One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 520
Washington, DC 20036
(202) 296-3359

Educational Perspectives
P.O. Box 618056
Chicago, IL 60661-8056
(312) 421-9300

* PharmCAS does not endorse any particular transcript evaluation service.

Before You Apply  |  Your Application   |  School Information |  Site Map
The Directory  |  Calendar  |  FAQs  |  AACP  |  Privacy  |  Contact  |  Home