This checklist is intended to help you prepare your application, but is not a substitute for the full instructions. The PharmCAS application is only one step in the admissions process. You must meet all PharmCAS and program requirements before your application will be considered. Click here to view, download, or print a PDF of the Checklist.
Complete These Steps First
- Read ALL PharmCAS instructions carefully. Save or print a copy of the PDF.
- Create your PharmCAS login account immediately to obtain your PharmCAS ID number.
- Complete the Colleges Attended section of the application first. PharmCAS cannot post transcripts to your application until this step is done.
- Arrange for official transcripts for every U.S. college and university attended to be sent to PharmCAS, so they arrive by the deadline.
- Enter ALL of your U.S. and English Canadian coursework on your application using personal copies of your transcripts. Do not enter foreign courses.
Complete Next Steps, If Required By Selected Pharm.D. Programs
- Add PCAT test dates planned and completed. You must include your PCAT CID on the application and request your official scores to be sent to PharmCAS code 104.
- Complete the Evaluations section, so your evaluators have adequate time to respond. Some programs require evaluations to be sent directly to the institution.
- Complete the school-specific requirements in the Program Materials section.
- Submit any supplemental materials or fees directly to programs, as required.
- Arrange for AP, IB, and other test scores to be sent directly to the program, as required.
Before You Submit The Application
- Review your application for accuracy. You can only edit selected sections of your application after it’s submitted.
- Pay the PharmCAS application fee via credit card by the Pharm.D. program deadline.
- Download, print or save your completed application for your personal records.
After You Submit Your Application
- Arrange for summer and fall 2019 transcripts to be sent to PharmCAS as soon as they are available. Update your coursework during the Fall Academic Update.
- Login to your application frequently to check the status of your application and to check for any messages that may not have been delivered to your e-mail.
- Complete the Spring Academic Update, as required by program.
- Request a course-by-course evaluation from World Education Services (WES) through the Colleges Attended section of the application, and allow 4–6 weeks for processing
- If an original foreign transcript is required, arrange for it to be sent to the program.
- If English is not your primary language, determine if the program requires TOEFL.