Fall Academic Update window opens
December 14, 2018
The Fall Academic Update window will open on December 14, 2018, following the completion of the fall 2018 term, and close on February 15, 2019. Arrange for your official summer 2018 and fall 2018 transcripts to be sent directly to PharmCAS AS SOON AS THEY ARE AVAILABLE. If you do not submit your updated courses and transcripts in a timely manner, your selected pharmacy schools may no longer consider you for admission.
HOW TO COMPLETE THE FALL ACADEMIC UPDATE
PharmCAS will not verify or report your updated course history to your designated Pharm.D. programs until you complete all of the steps below.
- Log into your PharmCAS application and open the Academic History section.
- If you attended a college/university for the first time, add and save that institution to the “College Attended” section.
- Open the “Transcript Entry” section.
- At this point you have two options:
- You may change your existing “Planned/In Progress” coursework to “Completed” by unchecking the “Planned/In Progress” option located above each individual term. You will then be required to enter grades for each completed session before you submit.
- You may enter newly completed coursework that has not been previously entered as “Planned/In Progress” for the Spring, Summer and Fall 2017 terms by adding those terms and courses.
- When you have finished adding or updating your transcript entry, complete the “Transcript Review” process by clicking on the “Review and Finalize My Transcripts” button on the transcript entry page.
- Submit your application by clicking “Submit My Updates” as the last step of the transcript review process. If you fail to click the button, PharmCAS cannot process your Academic Update.
- Remember that you will need to send all the required transcripts for the academic update to PharmCAS. PharmCAS cannot process any updates until all transcripts are received.
- After PharmCAS has received your update transcript(s) and verified your coursework your new GPAs will be calculated and your updated information sent to your designated schools.