After you initially submit your application, you may need to update your college course history to reflect newly completed or planned / in-progress courses. PharmCAS will not update your coursework for you.
Courses that were originally reported as completed cannot be modified. Therefore, if you have received partial grades for a given session, do not add these courses until all grades are received. You cannot enter or edit courses or terms that were previously verified.
FALL ACADEMIC UPDATE
Enter your updated summer or fall 2019 grades online and arrange for your official summer 2019 and fall 2019 transcripts to be sent directly to PharmCAS and as soon as they are available. You should use an unofficial grade report from the institution to enter your courses online and not wait for an official transcript. Applicants who do not complete the Fall Academic Update in a timely manner may jeopardize their admission status.
- December 12, 2019: The Fall Academic Update opens. New courses will not be verified until the Academic Update window is open and your initial file is verified.
- February 18, 2020: The Academic Update closes. You cannot edit your courses after this date. PharmCAS will no longer accept Academic Update transcripts.
How to Complete the Fall Academic Update
- Once your application status is “verified,” navigate to the “Transcript Entry” section.
- If you attended a college/university for the first time, add and save that institution to the Colleges Attended section.
- Edit any planned/in-progress terms that are now completed by unchecking the “planned/in progress” box for the term. Then, enter your grades and credits. All courses in the term must be complete before you switch the term’s status to “complete.”
- Enter any new planned or in-progress terms. Once done, submit your Fall Academic Update for verification. Do not submit until all course edits are done.
- Complete the Transcript Review again.
- To submit updates back to verification, click the “Submit My Updates” button.
- Once clicked, navigate to the “Update my Application” button on the dashboard. Click on this button to immediately send these application updates to your programs.
- Arrange for all updated official transcripts to be sent to PharmCAS. It is your responsibility to ensure that all applicable grades are on the transcripts received by PharmCAS.
If you do not complete these steps, PharmCAS will be unable to process your coursework changes and your programs will not receive your updated GPAs.
SPRING ACADEMIC UPDATE
You can update your Spring & Summer 2020 courses online at any time. Accepted applicants should enter their spring grades on the PharmCAS application as soon as they are available, following the completion of the spring 2020 term. You must enter your spring grades before the 2019-2020 cycle and Spring AU close on June 30, 2020.
It is your responsibility to add any new courses completed since your application was first submitted to PharmCAS and to edit any in-progress and planned courses. Courses that were originally reported as completed cannot be modified.
- Spring 2020: Update your spring grades as soon as they are available.
- June 30, 2020: The Spring Academic Update window closes. PharmCAS will not accept course updates after this date.
Spring 2020 AU Transcripts
Accepted applicants are instructed to arrange for their official spring 2020 transcripts to be sent directly to PharmCAS as soon as they are available and before the cycle closes on June 30, 2020, unless otherwise instructed by the pharmacy school. If you do not submit your updated courses and transcripts in a timely manner, your selected programs may no longer consider you for admission.
Summer 2020 AU Transcripts
Accepted applicants must arrange for summer 2020 transcripts to be sent directly to the pharmacy school (and not to PharmCAS). The PharmCAS 2019-2020 cycle will be closed before summer 2020 transcripts will be available.
How to Complete the Spring Academic Update
- To enter spring and summer 2020 courses, click on Update My Application > Academic History > Transcript Entry > Edit
- Scroll down to the In Progress term and click on blue pencil to edit.
- Change completion Status to Completed and enter completed grades.
- Click Save once complete.
- Follow the instructions above on where to send your updated official transcripts for spring and summer 2020.
The program that accepted you will verify your updated course information against your updated transcripts and calculate a new set of GPAs to confirm that you still meet their admissions requirements. PharmCAS does not verify these entries, nor generate new GPAs.
REPORTING GRADE CHANGES
If a grade changed on your transcript due to a correction made by the registrar’s office, follow the steps below.
1. Include the following information in an email to PharmCAS:
- Full name
- PharmCAS ID Number
- Name of the institution issuing the grade change
- Course title
- Course prefix and number
- Session year and term for course (e.g. fall 2017)
- Original grade on the transcript
- Revised/corrected grade on the transcript.
2. Corrected paper transcripts:
- Print a new Transcript Request Form from the Colleges Attended section for the institution that issued the grade change.
- On the form, circle Yes next to Grade Change.
- Submit the Transcript Request Form to the registrar and arrange for a revised copy to be sent to PharmCAS as soon as possible.
3. Corrected electronic transcripts:
- Follow steps in Transcripts section to resend record to PharmCAS.
Once the official transcripts are received, PharmCAS will update your course grade and GPA and submit an updated application to your selected programs. If the transcript with your grade change will be received by PharmCAS after June 30, 2020, contact PharmCAS before sending the transcript.Back to Top