Arrange for PharmCAS to receive a separate official transcript from every regionally accredited U.S. college and university you attended. PharmCAS will not verify or forward your application until all official transcripts and other required materials are received.

Carefully read the transcript instructions for the following types of institutions:

  1. Accredited U.S. Schools
  2. Study Abroad
  3. U.S. Overseas Institutions
  4. International

Transcript Request Form

You must submit the PharmCAS Transcript Request Form to every regionally accredited U.S. institution you have attended. This form will help PharmCAS properly match your official transcripts to your PharmCAS application. If your current name differs from the name listed on your transcript, you MUST include both your current and former name on the Transcript Request Form.

US Transcripts

Arrange for a sealed official transcript to be sent directly to PharmCAS from every regionally and ATS accredited US institution you have attended. The following rules apply:

  • PharmCAS will not accept student-issued transcripts or transcripts sent by an applicant.
  • Transfer credit(s) appearing on a transcript cannot be accepted in lieu of an original transcript from the institution where the course work was taken. Send transcripts for all regionally accredited post-secondary institutions you have attended regardless of whether course credit transferred to another college or university and appears on that transcript.
  • Arrange for PharmCAS to RECEIVE all of your regionally accredited official transcripts by the application deadline date set by your designated pharmacy schools. A pharmacy school may not consider your application for admission if PharmCAS receives your transcripts late. PharmCAS does NOT enforce transcript deadlines and will forward your verified application to your designated schools even if your transcripts arrive late. Your programs may or may not consider your application if PharmCAS receives your transcripts after the deadline.

Did You Know?

Your online course record, schedule, and college catalog may differ from your transcript. If there are discrepancies between your application and official transcript, your application will be undelivered and processing will be delayed.
  • Use a student issued transcript to properly complete the “Transcript Entry” section of your application. Do NOT use your course record/schedule or memory to complete the Coursework section.  WARNING: Your online course record, course schedule, and college catalog may differ from your transcript. If there are discrepancies between your application and official transcript, your application will be undelivered and processing will be delayed.
  • Do not send foreign transcripts. This includes transcripts from Caribbean schools and Canadian schools that issue transcripts in French. We cannot accept these documents and they will be destroyed. Canadian schools that provide English transcripts are not considered foreign.
  • Transcripts must be original. Transcripts that are photocopied, faxed, on file at a career center or Interfolio, etc. are not accepted.
  • Transcripts must be addressed to PharmCAS. Transcripts addressed to you, a program, school, or any address other than PharmCAS are not accepted.
  • Transcripts must be mailed by your registrar as per AACP policy. For security purposes, we cannot accept transcripts mailed by you or anyone other than the registrar. If anything on your transcript indicates that it was issued to the student, picked up by you, or mailed to any address other than PharmCAS, your transcript will be rejected and you will need to send a new one.
  • In rare occurrences where a school’s computer system can only include the applicant’s name in the transcript’s Issue to field, instruct the registrar to mail the transcript to PharmCAS and include a letter stating the registrar’s policy for addressing transcripts. Transcripts will not be accepted without this letter. Additionally, the transcript cannot have an “Issued to Student” or “Student Copy” stamp and cannot be picked up by the applicant.
  • Login to your application to check the status of your transcripts.  It is your responsibility to verify that PharmCAS received all of your official transcripts.


1. Enter your colleges in the Colleges Attended section before requesting any transcripts.

2. Click the Download Transcript Request Form under each school you listed and print each form.

3. Contact the registrar at each institution you attended and request one transcript be sent to PharmCAS. You only need to submit one transcript from each school regardless of the number of programs you’re applying to.

4. Provide the registrar with the following items:

  • PharmCAS Transcript Request Form. Ask the registrar to attach it to your official transcripts. This form is not required, but strongly recommended as it helps ensure your official transcripts are properly matched to your application. If you cannot use this form, make sure the registrar prints “PharmCAS” and your full PharmCAS ID# on the transcript before mailing it.
  • Any school-specific forms required by the registrar.
  • Any transcript fees required by the registrar.
  • All information needed by the registrar to properly identify you in the school’s database.
  • Any name changes.
  • Your PharmCAS ID#.

5. Follow up with your school(s) to ensure that your transcripts were mailed, and obtain the date they sent them. Be aware that processing times vary by school and may take longer towards the end of a semester. Some schools may not send your transcript until the semester is over.

6. Monitor the Check Status page to ensure your transcript is received. On average, it takes 7-10 business days for your transcript to post to your application from the date we receive it. If your transcript is not posted after this timeframe, contact Customer Service.


Your registrar should mail your paper transcripts to the following address:

PharmCAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9109
Watertown, MA 02471

We are not responsible for any materials lost in the mail or delays caused by the Registrar’s Office. Express or certified mail does not guarantee faster processing or receipt.


Electronic transcripts are only accepted from Credentials Solutions. Click here to see if your school offers the Credentials Solutions service. If your school is not listed, your transcript must be sent by mail. If your school is listed, click here and follow the instructions to proceed. Once your transcript is requested, it takes 7-10 business days for it to post to your application. If your transcript is not posted after this timeframe, contact Credential Solutions directly to confirm the order was completed, then contact customer service.

If your school requires that you use a service other than Credential Solutions, you should ask that service to mail the transcripts instead of sending them electronically. Since you cannot include the Transcript Request Form, you should include your full PharmCAS ID # when entering the PharmCAS mailing address.

US Accreditation

PharmCAS only accepts official transcripts from U.S. institutions recognized by one or more of the following accreditation agencies:

  • Middle States Association of Schools and Colleges (MSA)
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC)
  • North Central Association of Schools and Colleges (NCA)
  • Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges (NWCCU)
  • Southern Association of Schools and Colleges (SACS)
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)
  • Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE)
  • Association of Theological Schools in the United States and Canada (ATS)

If you attended an institution that is not recognized by one of these agencies, do NOT list the institution on your PharmCAS application and do NOT submit its transcript to PharmCAS. Contact your designated pharmacy schools directly to determine if you must arrange for transcripts from non-regionally accredited institutions to be sent directly to the pharmacy school.

Summer 2017 Transcripts

Arrange for all of your official transcripts to be sent to PharmCAS as soon as you have completed your summer 2017 coursework and your summer term grades are available. PharmCAS does not accept unofficial or incomplete transcripts. List all of your summer courses on your PharmCAS application. PharmCAS will begin to send verified application files to Pharm.D. programs in August 2017.


Arrange for your winter, spring, and summer term 2018 transcripts to be sent directly to your designated Pharm.D. programs, as required. Do not send to PharmCAS.


Do NOT list any military courses completed or credits received. Forward ALL transcripts that contain military credits or are official military transcripts to your designated pharmacy schools. College and schools policies vary. Please contact the institutions directly if you have any questions. Please note, this does not apply to accredited military colleges or universities, which MUST be listed on the application and from which transcripts are required. Examples of accredited military institutions include Community College of the Air Force and West Point.


PharmCAS does not waive transcript requirements due to an applicant’s financial obligations to a college or university. Applicants who are unable to obtain an official transcript from a college or university due to extenuating circumstances must submit a signed letter of explanation on official letterhead from the appropriate institution or state department of education. PharmCAS will evaluate transcript waiver requests on a case-by-case basis.


If you are offered and accept an offer of admission to a Pharm.D. program, you may be required to submit a second set of official transcripts from every college/university you have attended directly to the pharmacy school prior to matriculation. PharmCAS cannot forward transcripts to a school of pharmacy to fulfill this institutional requirement.


If you participated in a “Study (Education) Abroad” program under the auspices of a US institution and the international course work appears on the US transcript as regular itemized credit, only list the US institution on your PharmCAS application. Do NOT list the international (foreign) institution. Add the school in the Colleges Attended section and add any courses you completed at the school in the Transcript Entry section. Make sure you mark these courses as Study Abroad during Transcript Review. Arrange for only the US transcript to be sent to PharmCAS. PharmCAS will process study-abroad course work in the same manner as US coursework.


PharmCAS recognizes “overseas US institutions” that are:

        1. Located outside US borders,
        2. Accredited by a regional institutional accrediting agency recognized by the US Department of Education, and
        3. Use English as the primary language of instruction and documentation.
If you attended an overseas US institution listed below, report it to PharmCAS in the same manner as your US institutions by sending an official transcript to PharmCAS and listing all coursework on your PharmCAS application. US institutions with campuses overseas (such as the University of Maryland at Munich) are also considered US colleges for which transcripts are required and all course work must be listed. Please note that this list of overseas institutions is not all-inclusive. Contact PharmCAS if you have questions.
  • Abu Dhabi University
  • American College Dublin
  • American College of Greece
  • American College in Jerusalem (closed in 1976)
  • American College of Switzerland
  • American College of Thessaloniki
  • American University of Armenia
  • American University Beirut
  • American University in Bulgaria
  • American University in Paris
  • American University of Rome
  • American University of Sharjah
  • Anglo-American University
  • Cairo American University (formerly known as American University in Cairo)
  • Carnegie Mellon University in Qatar
  • Franklin College Switzerland
  • Georgetown University School of Foreign Service in Qatar
  • Hebrew Union College (Jewish Institute of Religion0
  • Huron University in London
  • John Cabot University in Rome
  • Lebanese American University
  • McDaniel College in Budapest
  • Northwestern University in Qatar
  • Richmond The American International University of London
  • Texas A&M University at Qatar
  • United States International University in Nairobi, Kenya
  • Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar


You MUST enter all international institutions you have attended on your PharmCAS application.  Do NOT list foreign courses on your PharmCAS application (unless Study Abroad) and do NOT send foreign transcripts to PharmCAS. Each Pharm.D. program has selected one of the following policies for submission of non-U.S. coursework.

  1. Send a foreign transcript evaluation report to PharmCAS*, or
  2. Send an original foreign transcript directly to the Pharm.D. program, or
  3. Do not send any foreign transcript documentation. Pharm.D. programs only consider U.S. credentials. If you have completed your course prerequisites at a foreign institution, you may be ineligible for admission to these particular pharmacy programs.

* If a foreign transcript evaluation report is required by your designated Pharm.D. program, send your non-U.S. transcripts to the appropriate foreign transcript evaluation service for a course-by-course report. If you choose WES, you can request electronic WES evaluations directly through the application. Click WES Evaluations Request after listing your foreign school in the Colleges Attended section. Once WES completes your evaluation, they will send it to PharmCAS electronically. PharmCAS also accepts paper WES evaluations sent via mail.

Your selected Pharm.D. programs may specify which foreign transcript evaluations service you must use. PharmCAS will not verify that you have used the correct service for a particular Pharm.D. program.


World Education Services, Inc
Bowling Green Station
P.O. Box 5087
New York, NY 10274-5087
(212) 966-6311


Back to Top