Some pharmacy schools voluntarily participate in the AACP Cooperative Admissions Guidelines (CAG), also known as admissions traffic rules. The guidelines for applicants are below. Visit the PharmCAS School Directory and use the CAG filter to learn which colleges and schools participate in the CAG. Applicants who are accepted to a Pharm.D. program and decide not to enroll for any reason are instructed to immediately notify the school of their decision, regardless of the school’s CAG participation status.
As per the guidelines, applicants should respond promptly to a school or college’s invitation for interview. If an applicant cannot appear for a previously scheduled interview, applicants should notify them immediately that they need to cancel via the school or college’s preferred method.
Learn more about the CAG by viewing these frequently asked questions.
Prior to March 1:
- In fairness to other applicants and pharmacy programs, if you have decided before March 1 not to attend a pharmacy school or college that has offered you admission, promptly withdraw your application from that (those) program(s) using the school or college’s preferred method.
- You may choose to hold multiple acceptances until March 1.
- When a school or college extends an offer of admission prior to March 1, a maximum $200 holding deposit may be required.
- Schools and colleges may not require a second deposit prior to March 1. After March 1 they will set the dollar value for the second deposit, if applicable.
After March 1:
- After March 1, you may hold only a single acceptance.
- If you have accepted an admission offer from more than one school, you must choose the school at which you will enroll by March 1.
- By March 1, promptly withdraw your application from all other schools that offered you an acceptance using the school or college’s preferred method.
- Additional admission offers may continue as needed after March 1.
- If you receive and choose to accept an offer after March 1, you must rescind your acceptance at the school where you had previously accepted an offer prior to accepting the offer at the new school.
Learn more about the CAG on the AACP website.