Arrange for PharmCAS to receive an official transcript from every U.S. institution you attended in the United States and Canada (if in English), including University Extension. Your file will not be verified or released to your select pharmacy schools until all official transcripts are received.

Transcript Rules

  • PharmCAS requires one official transcript from every U.S. and English Canadian college attended, even if the courses later transferred to another institution or you were dismissed from the institution for any reason.
  • The institution must be entered in the Colleges Attended section before the transcript can be matched to your application.
  • Registrars must send official transcripts directly to PharmCAS by the application deadline set by your selected pharmacy programs. Programs may choose not to consider applications with late transcripts.
  • PharmCAS will not accept any unofficial transcripts, including those that are issued to student, faxed, scanned, emailed, on file with a career center or Interfolio; even if they are sealed.
  • Do not send foreign (non-U.S./non-English Canadian) transcripts to PharmCAS.
  • In rare occurrences where a school's computer system can only include the applicant's name in the transcript's “Issue to” field, instruct the registrar to mail the transcript to PharmCAS and include a letter stating the registrar's policy for addressing transcripts. Transcripts will not be accepted without this letter. Additionally, the transcript cannot have an "Issued to Student" or "Student Copy" stamp and cannot be picked up by the applicant.
  • In the event you attended an institution but withdrew prior to receiving any grades on your transcript, you must still report the institution under Colleges Attended. PharmCAS will accept either a transcript that indicates “withdrawn” or a letter from the admission’s or registrar’s office indicating that you were previously enrolled at the institution, but no official transcript is available.
  • If grades for multiple branches or campuses of an institution appear on a transcript, enter all in the “Colleges Attended” section. It is not necessary to send a Transcript Matching Form for each campus.

Electronic Transcripts (Preferred)

PharmCAS only accepts official electronic transcripts through Parchment and National Student Clearinghouse. To determine if your registrar participates in either service, please check the Parchment and National Student Clearinghouse directories. If not listed in either directory, arrange for the registrar to mail an official paper transcript directly to PharmCAS. Electronic transcripts will not expedite the processing of your file at PharmCAS.

  • Click here to see if your school offers the Parchment service.
  • Click here to access the National Student Clearinghouse website. To see if your school offers the National Clearinghouse service, click Order-Track-Verify > Order or Track a Transcript from the menu bar.
  • If school is listed, follow the service’s instructions to request an e-transcript.
  • If your transcript is not posted after 7-10 business days, contact the transcript service directly to confirm the order was completed and then contact PharmCAS.

Paper Transcripts

Follow the instructions to print a PharmCAS Transcript Matching Form for every college and university you have attended in the U.S. and Canada (if in English). Official transcripts mailed without the form enclosed may take longer to process. The registrar may require additional forms or fees.

  1. Complete the Colleges Attended section before requesting transcripts.
  2. Once you have entered a college attended, click the Download Transcript Request Form button. Each PDF form is unique to you and that particular college or university. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to view and print the file.
  3. Print and submit the completed form to the registrar or records office at your institution.
  4. Advise the registrar office to enclose the PharmCAS Transcript Request Form with your official sealed transcript and mail it directly to:
    PharmCAS Transcript Processing Center
    P.O. Box 9109
    Watertown, MA 02471
  5. If the registrar’s office cannot use this form, advise it to add "PharmCAS" and your PharmCAS ID# on the transcript before mailing it to us.

Transcript Status

View the status of your transcripts at any time after submission via the “Check Status” tab of the application home page. PharmCAS will also send email notifications every time a transcript is posted to your application. It is your responsibility to monitor the status of your transcripts at PharmCAS throughout the application process. PharmCAS will not notify you regarding missing transcripts, nor is PharmCAS responsible for materials lost in the mail or for delays caused by institutional registrars’ offices. If it has been longer than 10 business days and your transcript has not been posted, arrange for it to be resubmitted. Express or certified mail does not guarantee expedient processing or receipt by PharmCAS.

!You may wish to follow-up with the registrar to confirm when your transcripts were sent. Processing times vary by registrar and may take longer towards the end of a semester. Some schools may not send your transcript until the semester is over.

Delayed Transcript Processing

Transcript processing may be delayed for the following reasons:

  • A transcript is not accompanied by a Transcript ID Form or is accompanied by the incorrect form.
  • A transcript is not addressed specifically to "PharmCAS."
  • A school you attended is missing from the Colleges Attended section.
  • An incorrect school name is listed in the Colleges Attended section.
  • The name on a transcript cannot be found in the PharmCAS database, either because your name changed, was misspelled on the transcript, was misspelled on the application, or you have not yet created your PharmCAS account.

Rejected Transcripts

PharmCAS will reject a transcript for the following reasons:

  • A transcript is unofficial or is addressed to someone other than PharmCAS.
  • A transcript is missing pages or was severely damaged in the mail.
  • A document received by PharmCAS is not a transcript.
  • The transcript is for someone else with the same or similar name. Be sure to provide your registrar with as much information as possible so it can properly identify your records.

International and Study Abroad

French Canadian Institutions

If you attended a Canadian institution that does not issue transcripts in English, do not send the transcript to PharmCAS. Instead, follow the foreign transcript instructions on the PharmCAS School Directory for each program. Most programs will require a foreign transcript evaluation from WES. PharmCAS will not hold an application for this documentation, if it is missing.

International (Foreign) Institutions

Enter all international (non-United States/foreign) institutions you have attended on your PharmCAS application. If required by the program, order a foreign transcript evaluation from World Education Services (WES) through the PharmCAS application. Select the WES “course by course” option with grades. Contact WES directly regarding questions about the foreign evaluation at 212-966-6311 or

  • Do not send original international transcripts to PharmCAS.
  • Do not enter international courses completed outside of the United States or Canada.

Study Abroad

If you participated in a study-abroad program under the auspices of a U.S. institution, and the course work appears on the U.S. transcript as regular itemized credit, follow the steps below.

  • Send the U.S. transcript with study-abroad credits to PharmCAS.
  • Enter all study-abroad courses that appear on a U.S. transcript with separate grades and credits in the Transcript Entry section.
  • Do not list the international (foreign) institution in the Colleges Attended section.
  • If the U.S. transcript does not display the grades or credits for study-abroad courses, follow the policies for international transcripts and coursework.

Overseas U.S. Institutions

PharmCAS recognizes overseas United States institutions that are accredited through an agency approved by the U.S. Department of Education and uses English as the primary language of instruction and documentation. Submit transcripts and coursework for overseas U.S. institutions and U.S. institutions with a campus overseas (e.g., the University of Maryland at Munich).

Updated Transcripts and Academic Update

2023 Summer and Fall Transcripts

If you submit your PharmCAS application before your 2023 summer and/or fall transcripts are available, review the Academic Update section to learn how to submit these updated transcripts to PharmCAS.

2024 Spring Transcripts

Accepted applicants are instructed to arrange for their official spring 2024 transcripts to be sent directly to PharmCAS as soon as they are available and before the cycle closes on June 30, 2024. If you do not submit your updated courses and transcripts in a timely manner, your selected programs may no longer consider you for admission. See also the “Academic Update” section.

2024 Summer Transcripts

Accepted applicants must arrange for summer 2024 transcripts to be sent directly to the pharmacy school (and not to PharmCAS). The 2023-2024 PharmCAS cycle will be closed before summer 2024 transcripts will be available.

Resending Transcripts after Accepting an Offer

If you accept an offer of admission to a program, you may be required to submit a second set of official transcripts from every institution you have attended prior to matriculation. You must send this second set directly to the program. PharmCAS cannot forward transcripts to a program to fulfill this institutional requirement.

No Transcript Available

PharmCAS does not waive transcript requirements due to unpaid fees from the applicant to a college or university. Applicants who are unable to obtain an official transcript from an institution due to extenuating circumstances, such as a closed institution, must submit a signed letter of explanation on official letterhead from the appropriate institution or state department of education. PharmCAS will evaluate transcript waiver requests on a case-by-case basis.

Transcript Investigations

PharmCAS will investigate and report applicants suspected of submitting false or fraudulent information. If any misrepresentation in data is suspected by or reported to PharmCAS, the applicant will be notified, and relevant information will be requested. If a misrepresentation in data is confirmed, PharmCAS will notify the programs to which the applicant has applied. In addition, on a case-by-case basis, PharmCAS reserves the right to notify all programs participating in the service, as well as other education associations.