Report ALL coursework completed at institutions in the U.S. and Canada (if in English) exactly as it appears on your transcript. You must include all failed, repeated, and withdrawn courses through the last term you have completed at the time you apply. Also include any dual-enrollment (co-op) courses completed during high school in which college credit was earned.

How to Enter Your Courses

  • Do not enter courses from memory. Refer to a personal copy of your transcripts.
  • Enter all completed courses (past), in-progress courses (present), and planned courses (future).
  • Enter each course once from the transcript where it was originally taken, even if the credits transferred to another institution or you were dismissed from the institution for any reason.
  • Enter all courses, even if they do not fulfill a prerequisite or if you later repeated them.
  • Enter courses in order of oldest to most recent.
  • Enter labs for all science courses exactly as they appear on your transcript (as separate lab credits or combined lab/lecture credits).
  • Enter college credit granted in high school, such as Advanced Placement (AP) or International Baccalaureate (IB).
  • Enter community college courses completed during summer terms.
  • Enter placement exams (e.g., CLEP) where college credit was awarded.

Coursework Verification

PharmCAS will verify your self-reported courses against your official transcripts and will report any discrepancies to your selected programs. PharmCAS will not enter your courses for you. PharmCAS will return your application to you for corrections or explanation if it identifies a significant number of course discrepancies or omissions. If you fail to properly enter all of your courses when you first submit your application or do not make corrections as requested, your application will be delayed in processing and you may jeopardize your chances for admission.

Add a Semester

Select the institution and click the “Add Semester” button. Next, select the term, year, and academic status.  

  1. If you are entering courses for a term that is currently in progress or planned, select In Progress/Planned for completion status. You are strongly encouraged to enter this data.
  2. Five-year undergraduate students should list their last 2 years as “Senior”.
  3. Choose “Freshman” for courses that fall outside of the typical academic statuses.
  4. For any undergraduate-level terms completed after your initial bachelor’s degree, including a second bachelor’s degree, select “Post-Baccalaureate”,
  5. Select “Graduate” for any master's and doctorate degree-level work, regardless of whether the degree was earned.

After you enter all courses for all colleges, you will be prompted to start the Transcript Review and identify coursework that was repeated, awarded as credit via an AP test, awarded as credit by IB or other tests, was completed at honors level, and completed as study abroad. (See more explanation below under “Review and Finalized Transcripts.”)


Enter dual-enrollment (co-op) courses completed during high school in which college credit was earned. Enter the college attended and course on the application and arrange for an official transcript from the college/university to be sent to PharmCAS, even if those credits transferred to another institution and/or appear on your high school transcript.

Add a Course

Select the “Add a Course” button to enter courses for the appropriate term.

Course Code

Enter the departmental prefix and course number for the course, such as BIOL 100, exactly as it appears on your transcript. If the course prefix is numeric on the transcript, enter it on the application in the same format. Do not include section numbers.

Course Title

Enter the full title of the course, such as “Introduction to Biology,” exactly as it appears on your transcript. Enter labs exactly as they appear on your transcript. If the science lab and lecture credits are listed as one course on your transcript, then enter them as one course on your application. If listed separately on your transcript, enter them as separate courses on the application.


Select from the dropdown list the subject that best describes the content of the course. PharmCAS will use course subjects in the calculation of your GPAs. If the subject is not on this list, search for another subject area related to this course and select it from the list. The subject must be chosen from the list provided.


Enter the attempted credit value for the course, exactly as it appears on your transcript. If you completed courses with unit credits, you may need to convert the unit hours to semester hours (eg, 1.00 credit = 4 semester hours). Enter credit conversions before submitting the application.


Enter the grade exactly as it appears on your transcript. The official PharmCAS reported grade will automatically populate. For non-graded courses, enter the appropriate letter abbreviation:

  • AU – Audited
  • CR – Credit
  • I – Incomplete
  • NG – No Grade
  • NP – No Pass
  • NS – Not Satisfactory
  • P – Pass
  • S – Satisfactory
  • U – Unsatisfactory
  • W – Withdrawn
  • WF – Withdrawn Failing
  • WP – Withdrawn Passing

Enter Narrative Transcripts

If your institution uses a narrative transcript, enter your coursework as described above. If the transcript lists "suggested" credits and/or grades, be sure to enter those as well; otherwise, list the course credits as "0.0" and the grades as "Pass." These courses will not factor into your GPA, but your programs will see the list of classes you took, along with a copy of the official narrative transcript that you send to us.

Review and Finalize Transcripts (Transcript Review)

Once you have entered all courses from all United States and English Canadian institutions attended, complete the transcript review process to finalize your coursework section. You will need to review your coursework from each institution attended. You must complete Transcript Review before you can add prerequisites in the Program Materials section.

Primary College

Identify one primary undergraduate institution. The primary institution is the college or university where you will earn (or have earned) your first bachelor's degree. If no degree is planned, select the institution where you completed the majority of undergraduate courses.


If you have any courses that were labs or included a lab component on your transcript, then select yes.

Repeated Classes

You must enter all attempts of every course taken, even if you later repeated a course or if your college removed the initial attempt from your GPA calculation. Courses should only be marked as repeated if you repeated them at the same institution for a higher grade. Withdrawn courses, courses taken at different schools, and taken multiple times for new credit (i.e. school band, physical education, etc.) are not considered repeated. Mark the first, subsequent, and final course attempts as “Repeated.” Enter the number of credit hours attempted, regardless of how many credits you earned. Repeated courses are included in your GPA calculation regardless of a school or state's academic forgiveness policy.

Advanced Placement Credit

Enter any AP courses that appear on your official transcripts under the term the credit was granted by your college. Mark courses as “Advanced Placement” during the Transcript Review.

Other Test Credit

If you have course credits fulfilled by tests other than AP exams (such as CLEP, Department Exam, Institutional Exam, IB, and the Regents Exam) and clearly marked as a test credit on your transcript, then select yes.

Honors Courses

Indicate if you took any honors courses, which are generally college courses taken at an honors level. These are usually designated with an "H" in the course number on your transcript. Latin honors earned upon graduation does not mean your courses are retroactively considered "Honors."

Study Abroad Courses

Specify if you have completed any coursework as part of a study-abroad program. If yes, it should be listed under the United States institution that sponsored the program. Study abroad courses are included in your GPA. A foreign transcript evaluation is not needed for study-abroad coursework.

Professional Transcript Entry (PTE) Service


If you prefer not to enter all your coursework on your own, the Professional Transcript Entry (PTE) specialists can enter it for you for an additional fee. This service is only available for completed coursework from accredited schools. Coursework from unlisted schools, foreign coursework, and planned/in-progress courses are ineligible for PTE and must be entered by you.

Note that the PTE specialists only enter the information listed on your official transcripts and do not correct errors for coursework you have already entered. If you entered coursework and made a mistake or did not report an institution, these errors will be communicated to you during the verification process at which point it will be your responsibility to correct them.

Please refer to the Refund Policy for further payment policies.


Fees for PTE are as follows:

  • 1-3 transcripts: $77
  • 4-6 transcripts: $105
  • 7 or more transcripts: $150

These fees apply only to coursework entry and are in addition to regular application fees. Fee waivers and coupon codes issued by schools are not available for PTE. Additionally, your PTE payment cannot be transferred to another cycle (e.g., re-applicants).


To successfully sign up for PTE, complete the following required steps:

  1. Enter any coursework that is not eligible for PTE.
    Before the PTE process can start, you must enter any coursework that is ineligible for PTE. Ineligible coursework includes planned or in-progress courses and courses taken at unlisted U.S. schools. We cannot enter these courses on your behalf, and they must be entered by you before you pay for PTE.

    Note that once you make your PTE payment, you will be unable to enter any additional planned/in-progress courses until the verification process is complete.
  2. Send us your official transcripts.
    We must receive all required transcripts before PTE can begin. Monitor your application to ensure your transcripts are received. It can take up to seven business days from the date we receive your transcripts to post them to your application. Once your transcripts post, you will receive a confirmation email and you can view your transcript receipt dates on the Check Status tab.
  3. Sign up and pay for PTE.
    Click Tell Me More at the bottom of the Transcript Entry page and follow the prompts to sign up for PTE and enter your payment information. Payments are non-refundable and can only be made online via credit card. After making your payment, you can continue adding colleges attended for PTE until you submit your application. You cannot add any colleges attended for PTE once your application is submitted or during the Academic Update.
  4. Submit and complete your application.
    Before PTE, you must submit and pay for your application. Once your application is submitted and we receive your transcripts, we will begin to work on your application within ten business days. Note that applications are placed in line for PTE on a first-come, first-served basis.

Turnaround Time

Once all the requirements are met, it may take up to ten business days for coursework entry to be completed. Your application will not be given a Complete Date and moved into the verification queue until your coursework entry is approved at which point it can take up to an additional two weeks to be verified. Please keep these turnaround times and your program's deadline requirements in mind. We are not responsible for missed deadlines due to PTE procedures or turnaround times.

Reviewing and Approving Your Coursework Entry

You will receive a notification once your PTE is complete. You should then review the coursework entered by PTE specialists to make sure it is accurate and approve the entry. You should also match your coursework to any required prerequisite courses in the Program Materials section before approving the entry.

If you find any issues with the coursework entry, email customer service to determine how to proceed. Wait for corrections to be confirmed and implemented before approving the coursework entry.

Once you approve your coursework entry (and complete all other application requirements), your application will be given a Complete Date and placed in line for verification. Be sure to approve your coursework in a timely manner to avoid any delays in processing your application.

If you reapply in a future cycle, your PTE coursework will only carry forward if you submit your application and approve the PTE coursework entry in the current cycle.